Lead Product Designer opportunity with our client, a high-growth, well-funded, cutting-edge startup in Central London within the Fintech space. With a fast-growing team, new offices and senior management whose enthusiasm for the product is palpable, this is definitely the right time to be joining!
Working on an innovative and truly game-changing, market-leading product in the property space, you will be part of a passionate and hard-working team within a dynamic workplace, both in the UK and as part of their international offices. You will work closely with the company’s Product Managers and Engineers to ensure delivery of beautiful and easy-to-use designed products.
As Lead Product Designer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Owning the life-cycle of the product design with responsibility for the whole process from discovery to delivery
- Managing, growing and developing the existing product design team, promoting best practice
- You will lead by example, establishing and rolling out best practices in areas such as user research through to designing workflows and detailed interactions of the products
- Taking ownership of the company’s Design System, ensuring consistency across products
- Several years’ experience in designing & shipping products
- Design experience across platforms (desktop, mobile, etc.)
- Able to use design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure and Adobe Suite
- A true expert in the management of the product design life-cycle, from defining problems to detailed visual designs.
- Excellent communicator, able to get your ideas across to others clearly and concisely
Nice to haves:
- Recent experience managing a team of 5 or more designers
- Design-related degree of some nature (e.g. graphic, product, interaction, etc.) or else Computer Science or equivalent real world experience
- Experience within the Fintech, SaaS or similar industry
- Competent with HTML/CSS
In return our client is not only offering a competitive salary of £75k – 85k, but also equity, the opportunity to work in a successful, well-funded and fast growing startup and a great social programme too.